How to Fix NTLDR Missing or Corrupted Issue
If you get the above screen when you turn on the screen then do the following steps to fix this issue.
- Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD.
- When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
- Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the “R” key to repair Windows.
- Log into your Windows installation by pressing the “1” key and pressing enter.
- You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
- Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter “D”. This letter may be different on your computer. copy d:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy d:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\
- Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.